Follow Rishan as she travels the world training and competing to be the best she can be.
Her goal is to be the first woman to represent Samoa in flat water sprint kayaking at the Olympic Games.
After competing at her first world championships in Poznan 2010 she has her sights set on qualifying for London 2012.


The end of another month

The year is going way too fast for me.
After NZ nationals I attended two competitions in Australia, both in Penrith.  The first one was Oceania open Champs and a training camp for other competitors that were, like me, representing their Islands.  There were four of us representing Samoa. We had a competitor that did both canoe and kayak, myself doing kayak and the other two did canoe.  There were the four Cook Island competitors, one from Guam, one from Tahiti and one from Palau.  Most of them have a background in surf ski, vaka, out rigging and or waka ama. It was good to be part of this cool group of people.
A week later it was back to Penrith where I competed in the Australian Nationals in the under 23 category.
For me it was a mixed bag of results where I came home with a gold and a silver medal.
Robi gave me a week off and this week it was back into training.
Tech is going well although a lot of the other students probably think that I wag a lot.
Next month, which is tomorrow, I'll be training and going to tech and in May there are plans to be in Poznan and Duisburg.  Hopefully by June there'll be news of what happens for me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment